Saint Gregory’s Fast Facts:
- 31 full and part-time teachers (student/teacher ratio of 9:1) 65% hold advanced degrees.
- Average class size: 14
- 52% of the students in the Upper School are Johns Hopkins scholars.
- Annually over 60% of students in Grade 8 qualify for the National Junior Honor Society
- Each Upper School student uses a laptop computer in class and for work outside the classroom
- Spanish is taught in pre-K through Grade 8
- Latin is taught in Grades 7 and 8
- Music is taught by a music specialist in Nursery through Grade 8
- English Hand bells are introduced in Grade 7
- Musical talent is showcased in plays, concerts, choir, recitals, and coffee house performances
- Art is taught by an artist in pre-K through Grade 8. Artisitc talent is displayed in several art shows per year.
- Physical fitness and healthy living is encouraged through PE classes, Sports Teams, and outside recess twice per day
- 100% of the student body participates in Community Service.
3 – 5 Half Days 8:25 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Optional 3 – 5 Full Days 8:25 – 3:30
5 Half Days 8:25 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Optional 2 – 5 Full Days 8:25 – 3:30
5 Full Days 8:25 – 3:30
8:25 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Before and After School Care
Before School Care 7:30 a.m. – 8:25 a.m. (no charge)
After School Care 3:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (fee)
The School Seal
The School’s core values are qualities of Pope Gregory the Great and are displayed by four symbols in the School Seal. :
The Dove represents the spiritual development of Catholic values and character.
The Pen and Book represents the development of a love of learning.
The Lamp of Learning represents wisdom, knowledge and enlightenment in developing a willingness to help others and a tolerance for people and their ideas.
The Miter represents the development of leadership qualities and a strong sense of responsibility.
Our School Motto
“Discere, Adseqi, Fieri.”
To Learn. To Achieve. To Grow.